Two To View – A Couple Of Amazing Videos You Don't Want To Miss
| || || |
| || || |
|Spectacular Sunset |
Posted by a storm chaser, this video is a magnificent display of color and clouds during a North Dakota sunset.
| ||Horse Blowing Bubbles |
Like a little kid with a straw in a drink, this playful horse uses a water break to have some extra fun.
WCTA Supports Never Give Up
Did you know that suicide is the 2nd leading cause of death for youth in Minnesota? 1 in 4 public school 9th graders in Minnesota have admitted to having thoughts about killing themselves. The non-profit organization Never.Give.Up is dedicated to bringing suicide prevention and awareness education to our schools, and has partnered with Sebeka Public School this year.
West Central Telephone is again sponsoring the organization’s fundraiser—the 4th annual Never.Give.Up. 5K Run/Walk. The walk is taking place August 26 starting at the Sebeka Public School. Registration begins at 8 am, with a race start time of 9 am. More information can be found online at www.facebook.com/NeverGiveUpSuicideSupport
. All proceeds will be donated to area schools, including 80% to the Sebeka Public School with the remaining 20% split between schools that have participated in the past. This includes Perham-Dent, Frazee-Vergas, Wadena-Deer Creek and New York Mills Public Schools. The money is earmarked for suicide prevention education.
To register for the event or donate, click here
FREE Featured Apps – These Three Are Well Worth A Look
| || || || || |
If there's a student in your family, get this app. It's like a tutor that gives hints about math, science, and humanities homework.
| || |
Want to keep track of wines you've tried? See what others think? Find new favorites? Get great deals? Do it all with Vivino.
| || |
Saving money can be a tough challenge. Money Box makes it easier to reach your goals with reminders and deposit tracking.
Stay Alert – Ignore Facebook Hacker Warnings
Go Pinterest-ing! – Cool Stuff To Pin On Your Pinterest Boards
Sites of the Month – Great Sites To Check Out In August
| Summer Food Safety |
fda.gov – We love summer picnics and barbeques, which is why August is National Picnic Month. But before you fire up the grill or open that picnic basket, check out this page for food handling tips. Find out how to pack, transport, prepare, and serve food safely to avoid foodborne illness.
| All About Classic Cars |
hemmings.com – Love classic automobiles? If so, you'll want to check out this site to buy your dream car or find parts for one you already have. You can also explore stories from car aficionados, check out the calendar for car-related events, or review the publications list for additional information sources.
| Free Online Learning |
khanacademy.org – This site is a great educational resource for students who want additional instruction on challenging subjects. It offers lessons and testing in math, science, engineering, humanities, computing, economics, and more, including SAT and college admissions prep for older students.
| News That Inspires |
dailygood.org – The Daily Good website promotes positive and uplifting news from around the world in sections like Generosity, Everyday Heroes, Nature, Work, and Science & Tech. Find uplifting messages in the Quotes section. Subscribe to the newsletter for a daily, weekly, or monthly dose of good news in your inbox.
Short Tutorial/FAQ – Is Personal Data Really Gone After It's Deleted From A Device?
We hope you found this newsletter to be informative. It's our way of keeping you posted on the happenings here. If, however, you'd prefer not to receive these bulletins, please see the links at the bottom of this email to manage your preferences.
Thanks for your business!
The West Central Telephone Team
West Central Telephone
308 Frontage Road Box 304
Sebeka, MN 56477
1-218-837-5151 or toll free at 1-800-945-2163
©2017 Cornerstone Publishing Group Inc.
Trademarks: All brand names and product names used in this eNewsletter are trade names, service marks, trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.