Human Resource Generalist-Administrative Assistant
We’re looking for a Human Resource Generalist- Administrative Assistant to perform routine functions of the HR department who will complete administrative tasks at a high standard. You’ll administer employee benefit programs and routinely perform a wide variety of supportive duties that may include event planning, payroll functions, and arranging industry travel accommodations for staff and board members. Additionally, you’ll be responsible for creating and implementing employee training and development programs, analyzing compensation and benefits trends, and researching and suggesting competitive base and incentive programs to attract and retain top talent for the organization. The ideal candidate will have a degree in Human Resources or 3-5 years of experience in human resources or a related field. SHRM-CP or a PHR certification is preferred but not required. To apply, send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 17, 2023. EOE
HR Resource Generalist-Administrative Assistant – Job Description
Reports to: CEO/General Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Human Resource Generalist-Administrative Assistant will complete all routine functions of the Human Resources (HR) department. Including but not limited to leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development, benefit administration. Job duties will also include providing administrative support to the GM/CEO, members of the Management Team and Board of directors. These may include but are not limited to meeting minutes, contract assistance and industry meeting & travel arrangements.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide high-level administrative support and assistance while handling routine questions and requests, scheduling and executive mail, email and phone correspondence that could be time-sensitive and confidential in nature.
- Assist with special projects by compiling information, performing research, and summarizing data for presentations.
- Support the CEO as needed for board meeting prep and follow-up..
- Schedule travel arrangements and secure itineraries for the Management Team, Employees and Board of Directors. This includes flight arrangements, hotel accommodations, transportation, meeting registration and itineraries.
- Partner with the management team to understand and execute the organization’s human resource and talent strategy particularly as it relates to current and future talent needs, recruiting, retention, and succession planning.
- Provide support and guidance to the management team and other company staff when complex, specialized, and sensitive questions and issues arise; may be required to administer and execute routine tasks in a delicate circumstance such as providing reasonable accommodations, investigating allegations, and terminations.
- Performs a broad variety of highly confidential administrative support duties to relieve CEO/GM of administrative details.
- Analyze trends in compensation and benefits; research and propose competitive base and incentive programs to ensure the organization attracts and retains top talent.
- Create learning and development programs and initiatives that provide internal development opportunities for employees.
- Implement and develop employee training programs that includes Leadership program, management trainings (how to conduct interviews, performance reviews, documentation, etc), maximizing employee performance training on software, new employee training, and any training that would benefit the employees. Works with the management team to either develop training or find effective training courses and workshops for employees. Manage any online learning platforms.
- Oversee and maintain the company performance system and compensation structure.
- Manages employment-related activities including recruiting, hiring, orientation, disciplinary actions and terminations to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations affecting employment.
- Maintain job descriptions, coordinates performance review process with managers, coordinates pay increase implementation and benefit enrollments.
- Administer employee benefits programs. Coordinates with vendors and facilitates open enrollment. Resolves escalated benefits questions and issues by conferring with vendors and employees as needed.
- Maintain employee records per federal guidelines.
- Develop and implement human resource policies and procedures in accordance with changes in regulations. Maintain and update employee, board & operating handbooks.
- Acknowledges employee personal events by working closely with the CEO/GM in coordinating timely distribution company communications and gifts. May include items such as birthday gifts, sympathy cards, gift well cards, flowers, or gifts to employees experiencing illness or a death in the family.
- Maintains documents and schedules company health card appointments for employees to keep in compliance.
- Maintain HRIS system and produce various census, compensation, and organizational reports as needed.
- Monitor worker’s compensation claims and coordinate correspondence and contact between employee and insurance carrier. Updates OSHA reports as appropriate.
- Handles, tracks, and processes all employees leave of absences to include FMLA, Short & Long-term disability leaves, worker’s compensation leave, and other leave of absence requests.
- Assist the designated Safety Coordinator as needed with the company safety manual and training.
- Support, and perform as needed, the payroll function and file and pay the appropriate payroll taxes and W-2’s.
- Routinely perform a wide variety of supportive duties.
- Assist with event planning such as, but not limited to, annual meeting, customer and employee events.
- Performs corresponding duties for subsidiaries of West Central Telephone including but not limited to Zenergy LLC.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned by management. *
*These tasks do not meet the Americans with Disabilities Act definition of essential job functions and are usually less than 5% of time spent. However, these tasks still constitute important performance aspects of the job.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of human resources principles and practices.
- Knowledge of state and federal human resource laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of employee benefits plan and benefits claim process.
- Knowledge of OHSA annual training requirements.
- Knowledge of company policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of management principles and practices.
- Knowledge of company products and services.
- Knowledge of payroll principles and practices.
- Skill in operating office equipment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Skill in handling sensitive situations in a professional manner.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple work assignments.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to make sound decisions using information at hand.
- Ability to create a team environment and sustain employee morale.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Education and Experience:
- Degree in Human Resources or related field or equivalent work experience. 3-5 years’ experience in human resources or related experience. SHRM-CP or a PHR certification preferred but not required.
- High school diploma or GED, required.
|Seeing: Must be able to read computer screen and various reports.||X|
|Hearing: Must be able to hear well enough to communicate with Employees and business contacts.||X|
|Fingering/Grasping/Feeling: Must be able to write, type, and use phone system.||X|
Good working conditions with the absence of disagreeable conditions.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.