Customer Service/Internet Help Desk Representative
We're looking for someone who can provide excellent customer service and troubleshoot internet related issues. The primary role for this position is to manage incoming calls and customer service inquiries, provide technical support by troubleshooting service issues, upselling services, creating service orders and schedules installations, and dispatch a technician as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Considerable knowledge of English, spelling, and vocabulary.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products including: Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Strong ability to be self-motivated while executing agreed-upon strategies.
- Considerable knowledge of modern office practices, procedures, and equipment.
- Ability to display a high level of professionalism always.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Attention to detail and the ability to maintain memory.
- Upsells WCTA phone, internet and TV services to potential and current WCTA customers.
- Provides technical support and troubleshooting of phone, internet, email and TV services.
- Assists customers with internet troubles by troubleshooting customer owned equipment while providing the customer with explanation.
- Handles front line trouble complaints, advising customer on proper operations of their services while troubleshooting and diagnosing and/or dispatching technician.
- Handles billing questions and/or collections in a professional, courteous and direct manner.
- Understands CPNI process, procedures and protocols.
- Coordinates with technicians to schedule installs, upgrades, or troubles at the customer premise.
- Provisions and troubleshoots fiber management systems in an efficient manner.
- Creates and completes installations, changes, and/or disconnect orders within NISC software. Verifies and corrects any errors as needed.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma and/or equivalent.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of computer hardware and software applications.
- Minimum of one year of telecommunications and/or IT experience preferred but not required.