Caller ID lets you see the calling party’s name and phone number before answering a call. A special display device located on or next to your phone is required to allow you to view the calling name and number.
To use Caller ID:
1. Wait for the start of the second full ring of your phone set.
2. The number of the calling party will appear on your display.
3. Calls marked “private” or “anonymous” are from callers who have chosen to block delivery of their name and number.
For more information, please refer to the instructions for your Caller ID display device.
To block private calls, use Anonymous Call Rejection, a free service for Caller ID customers.
1. Simply lift the receiver and dial *77.
2. Anonymous Call Rejection informs callers who have blocked their name and number that the party they are trying to reach does not accept blocked calls. The blocked caller is informed that they can unblock their call by hanging up, dialing *82 and redialing the number.
3. To cancel Anonymous Call Rejection, lift the receiver and dial *87.
Anonymous Call Rejection will not block unknown, out of the area, or telemarketers. Please see feature Telemarketer Screening for information on blocking unsolicited calls.