Communications and Video Accessibility Act (CVAA) Compliance Statement
West Central Telephone is pleased to provide products and services to those customers with visual impairments, so that they can enjoy increased access to video content with audible video description. These services are in compliance with the Twenty‐First Century Communications and Video Accessibility Act of 2010 (CVAA).
We offer two options for customers to change a channel or search for programming, as well as several other functionalities:
- Amazon Echo or Google Home – using one of these devices, a customer can request a channel change or search for specific programs or networks through these devices using voice commands.
- “MyTVs” Application on Android Smartphones and Apple iPhones, customers are able to perform important remote-control applications using their voice, rather than pushing buttons.
For more info on these options or to request West Central Telephone’s accessible products and services, including Braille or large print documentation, please call us at 218-837-5151.
For any concerns or complaints, please contact us via one of the following methods:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 218-837-5151
- Fax: 218-837-5001
- Mail: PO Box 304, Sebeka, MN 56477
West Central Telephone reserves the right to request demonstrated need, which can be obtained by providing:
- Proof of participation in a nationally established program for individuals who are blind or visually impaired (e.g., National Deaf Blind Equipment Distribution Program or the National Library Service’s talking books program)
- Documentation from any professional or service provider with direct knowledge of the disability, such as a social worker, case worker, counselor, teacher, school superintendent, professional librarian, doctor, ophthalmologist, optometrist, or registered nurse.
- A letter from the Social Security Administration, or a letter from the National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped.