As an investment in our youth, West Central Telephone is committed to the future of rural Minnesota. We are pleased to announce the following scholarship opportunities and invite all high school seniors to apply.
FRS College Scholarship Program
The FRS College Scholarship program provides $2,000 and the sponsoring NTCA member company provides $500 for a total of $2,500. In addition to the FRS general scholarships, FRS has the following named scholarships:*
- Staurulakis Family Scholarships
- TMS Scholarships
- Everett Kneece Scholarship
- Roger Alan Cox Memorial Scholarships
- Good Neighbor Scholarship
- Herbert and Isabel Bitz Memorial Scholarship
Scholarships are completed online and must be submitted no later than March 6, 2020. For applications and guidelines, see your high school guidance counselor or visit http://www.frs.org
*Submitting one application is sufficient for eligibility of all available scholarships.
WCTA Scholarship Program
High school seniors whose parents are cooperative members are encouraged to apply for one of eight scholarships in the amount of $1,000 each. The application deadline is April 3, 2020. Our cooperative status allows us to fund our scholarship program in part through unclaimed capital credits. Click here for scholarship application
Minnesota Telecom Alliance Foundation Scholarships
The MTA Foundation will award six scholarships to high school seniors graduating in 2020. Each scholarship will be in the amount of $2,000. There are two types of scholarships this year:
- One $2,000 Telecom Scholarship: To be eligible, applicants must be majoring in either Telecommunications or Information Technology (IT) at a university, college, or technical college and be a Minnesota resident.
- One of five $2,000 General Scholarships: To be eligible, applicants must be attending post-secondary education at a university, college, or technical college, be a Minnesota resident, and the applicant’s family must subscribe to at least one service from an MTA member company.
Once completed, the application must be printed and submitted to WCTA by February 21, 2020. Click here for scholarship application
2nd Year or Beyond Scholarship
Current college students are urged to apply for a $1,000 scholarship through the 2nd Year or Beyond Scholarship. Students who graduated from high school and are from any one of the telephone exchanges of WCTA currently attending 2nd year or beyond higher education are eligible. Past scholarship winners are also eligible. The application deadline is May 29, 2020. Click here for scholarship application